How to Start a Podcast. A step-by-step guide.
It's a great time to start a podcast! Podcasting is hot right now and has exploded in recent years. Smart phones are now more popular and smart home speakers are on the rise. Combine that with the really great shows that already exist today and it's no wonder podcasts are gaining in popularity. The high tide raises all boats, so now is a great time to make your own.
So you want to start a podcast and aren't sure where to begin? Here's a step-by-step guide to building your first podcast.
- Define your podcasting goals.
- Figure out the topic and format of your show.
- Get equipment to record and edit with.
- Understand what makes a great podcast.
- Create a test episode and get initial feedback.
- Record your first episode.
- Edit your episodes.
- Create show artwork and description.
- Get a podcast hosting provider.
- Build a website for the podcast.
- Publish your podcast to your audience.
Good luck on your show, and I hope you cause a ruckus!